Like last years we invited Electrical Engineering students from around Europe for a week-long introduction to Plone. In the meantime we will have members of the Plone community sprinting on various sprint topics, mostly oriented into entry-level Plone documentation and tools. Sprints like this offer unique opportunity for the Plone community to observe how newcomers consume our documentation and where they get stuck.
However, due to the Plone Conference being in Europe this year and EuroPython being just a week before the sprint, we are facing financial problems. We have a budget of 5.000 EUR with which we are covering accommodation, three meals per day, t-shirts and other niceties for all participants (around 25 in total). We are still missing ~1000 EUR of our goal and would like to ask again everyone in the Plone community to help us reach it. In any case, whatever we will be missing at the end, we’ll just split among the ~10 Plone participants (obviously we cannot ask students for additional 100 EUR).
- Ways to help:
- Donation: any amount, on the ‘email@example.com‘ PayPal account — and your name will be mentioned under supporters on the sprint page
- Sponsorship: any amount above 100 EUR, either through PayPal or bank transfer — you can get a VAT invoice for the sponsorship, your company logo goes on the sprint page and your company logo goes on t-shirts!
- Anything goes really. Contact me on nejc . zupan AT gmail . com and we’ll find a way!
- Reasons to help us:
- You care about making Plone easier to use.
- You care about getting more students interested in Plone and hence ensuring a steady income of new developers.
- You care about gender balance in Plone community. Out of 15 students, 6 will be girls.
- You are just a genuinely nice person.